Privacy & Cookies Policy
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for The Erin Hanson Gallery, which operates www.erinhanson.com. This policy will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
- Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law
- Service Providers
- Security and Legal
What data do we collect?
The Erin Hanson Gallery collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, mailing address, etc.)
- Emails and texts sent to and from The Erin Hanson Gallery
- Survey responses
- Purchase information (We do not store credit card information unless you explicity allow us to do so in a layaway situation. Your credit card number would be destroyed as soon as the layaway is completed.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Erin Hanson Gallery with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Social media or Google
How will we use your data?
The Erin Hanson Gallery collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Send you Erin Hanson’s Color & Light magazine (for collectors and buyers only), as well as other postcards or promotions
- Note: You may opt-out of our email or physical mailing at any time.
When The Erin Hanson Gallery processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
The Erin Hanson Gallery securely stores your data online through the following websites:
- OnePage CRM (personal information that was voluntarily given, with associated purchase information and notes, emails and texts sent back and forth between you and The Erin Hanson Gallery.)
- Dropbox (all company files, including records of artwork purchases)
- Quickbooks Online (name and contact information with associated purchase information)
- Survey Monkey (voluntarily given personal information and answers to survey questions)
- EZ Texting (used to send opted-in texts with new paintings fresh from the easel; phone numbers and text conversations are saved)
- RingCentral (our VOIP phone system, stores phone numbers and text conversations)
- Campaign Monitor (stores names and emails of subscribers and people who have unsubscribed, so they will not be emailed again)
- Google Gmail, Sheets, and Docs (names of buyers and associated purchase information, email communications)
- FedEx, Pitney Bowles, UPS (shipping addresses stored for order fulfillment)
The above information is stored on computers that are used by employees of The Erin Hanson Gallery in McMinnville, Oregon. The premises are kept under security alarms. Any remote computers used by employees or subcontractors of The Erin Hanson Gallery are password protected.
We use this information to analyze our business statistics and income sources, in sales communications, and for ordinary business operations.
The Erin Hanson Gallery will keep your personal information (name, email, phone number, communications back and forth, survey responses, and purchase information) for the length of time that you are an active buyer or lead.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order, or to conduct ordinary business.
The Erin Hanson Gallery would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop The Erin Hanson Gallery from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (503) 334-3670.
What are your data protection rights?
The Erin Hanson Gallery would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request The Erin Hanson Gallery for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that The Erin Hanson Gallery correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Erin Hanson Gallery to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure- You have the right to request that The Erin Hanson Gallery erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that The Erin Hanson Gallery restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to The Erin Hanson Gallery processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that The Erin Hanson Gallery transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: (503) 334-3670
Or write to us: 1805 NE Colvin Ct, McMinnville OR 97128
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Saving your shopping cart on your local device
- Showing you other artwork you might like
- Tracking if you have already subscribed
- Suggesting content that might be the most relevant
- Remembering your favorites
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies our website uses:
•Functionality - The Erin Hanson Gallery uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising - The Erin Hanson Gallery uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Erin Hanson Gallery sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties (like Google or Meta) for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
We may place a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive so we can recognize you as a return user and personalize your experience. A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences. The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or "session" cookies to help you shop. These cookies will expire when you place an order. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features. In addition, we may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use, as well as in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
Similarly, when you visit this Site or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Site and personalize your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information.
Erin Hanson and Red Rock Fine Art, Inc. does recognize your ISP (internet service provider), however, we cannot identify you as an individual. If you make an on-line purchase we do collect information (such as sales statistics and traffic patterns) to help improve your shopping experience. We keep all information confidential.
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our website may also include web beacons and cookies from third-party providers.
• Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to collect data about website usage. This data does not include personally identifiable information.
• Google Remarketing – we use Google’s Remarketing cookie to market products and services we think may be of interest to you. You may see our advertisements on Google’s Display Advertising Network of partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. We aim to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you, and do so based on the pages you have visited on our website. To opt out of Google Remarketing, set your Google Ad Settings here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To view more information on how to delete or block cookies from specific browsers you may visit the resources below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above websites tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: (503) 334-3670
Or write to us: 1805 NE Colvin Ct, McMinnville OR 97128
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Erin Hanson Gallery has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
Security and Legal
Erin Hanson and Red Rock Fine Art, Inc. seek to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. All credit card transactions are secure. Every on-line order is encrypted and sent through a secure server, using SSL technology to prevent information from being intercepted.
Confidential information such as your credit card number will be used only to fulfill your order. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to enter your credit card number and expiration date each time you place an order with us. This way, even if someone else accesses the account information stored on your computer, they won't be able to use your credit card.
We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or other events during your visit to our Site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties. By choosing to participate and submitting your personally identifiable information with respect to such events, you consent to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to such third parties.
E-mail is not encrypted and is not a secure means to transmit credit card numbers. We will only display the last 4 digits of your credit card number on your account.